It’s that point of the 12 months once more, the temperatures are setting new data, and other than wrapping ourselves in layers of woolen, there’s little that you are able to do in combatting this biting chilly. Rasam is a South Indian soup that’s served piping scorching and is supposed to be consumed that method. Individuals additionally prefer to pair rice and idli with their rasam, as a result of the soup is so versatile and loaded. It’s sharp, tangy, spicy and simply excellent for the climate. There are lots of sorts of rasam, however now we have to say that we’re a tad biased in the direction of tomato rasam, merely due to the tangy punch it comes with.
In her recipe video, meals vlogger Reshu reveals us learn how to make straightforward tomato rasam at house. The recipe video was posted on ‘Cooking With Reshu’ YouTube channel.
(Additionally Learn: Indian Cooking Tips: How To Make Rasam Powder For Restaurant-Style Rasam At Home)
Observe these straightforward steps to make tomato rasam the straightforward method:
1. Begin with making the masala, warmth some toor dal, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, pink chillies, black pepper, cumin seeds, garlic cloves, roast them on low medium flame.
2. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, roast till curry leaves are dry.
3. Switch the masala onto a plate, let it cool and grind it into a rough masala.
4. Wash and peel tomatoes and chop them roughly.
5. To the tomatoes add tamarind juice. You can also make tamarind juice at house, take about 15-20 tamarinds and soak them in water, mash them till you get the juice. You too can use lemon juice in case you should not have tamarind juice.
6. Mash and mix the tomatoes and tamarind juice. Preserve it apart.
7. Subsequent warmth oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing. Sautee on low medium flame.
8. Add crushed garlic and ginger, saute until barely golden.
9. Add pink chillies, curry leaves and saute for 2-Three minutes.
10. Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri pink chilli powder, combine properly.
11. Add the tomatoes, combine properly. Throw in some salt for style. Add water let it come to boil.
12. Add rasam masala, combine properly. Let it cook dinner for five minutes. Mash often. Garnish with coriander leaves. The rasam is able to serve.
Watch: How To Make Tomato Rasam | Tomato Rasam Recipe Video
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a robust penchant for meals, Sushmita loves all issues good, tacky and greasy. Her different favorite pastime actions aside from discussing meals contains, studying, watching films and binge-watching TV reveals.